If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (239) 302-5700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

How Our Technicians Restore Your Miles City Home After A Chimney Fire

10/30/2018 (Permalink)

Fire Damage How Our Technicians Restore Your Miles City Home After A Chimney Fire Even if your chimneys are clean blazes can still ignite inside of them.

Fire Damage Specialists In Miles City Talk About Problems With Chimneys

House fires can sometimes happen fast and can burn much of your Miles City home very quickly. Hundreds of thousands of homes suffered fire damage in the country each year. Out of those it is estimated that over 25,000 fires are caused by chimneys igniting. Chimney fires account for around $125 million in property damages each year. Many chimney fires ignite by excessive soot meaning that the number one cause of this type of fire damage is the failure to regularly clean fireplaces and chimneys.

However, even if your chimneys are clean blazes can still ignite inside of them. Once flames from inside a stack they get extremely hot and can cause excessive fire damage to your Miles City property. Once the inside metal gets hot the wood around the chimney can start to burn. These hot flames can then spread to other parts of your structure.

If the fire is extinguished quickly, it is possible that the damage is minimal. Sometimes the only problem present is smoke coming from the source of the fire and coating surfaces inside your house with soot residues. These soils can deteriorate finished surfaces and contaminate the air with burnt aromas. When mitigating issues associated with smoke, our SERVPRO technicians utilize a variety of techniques. Some surfaces get cleaned best with dry methods, and others need scrubbing with powerful chemicals.

In other situations, the fire spreads so fast that it burns and chars structural components before it gets put out. When this happens, our SERVPRO team must determine what items are burnt so severely that they must get removed and what items can be saved with mitigation procedures. During some projects, sections of the building's structure must be taken out and rebuilt entirely. There are also other cases where some structural components can be saved by sanding off the charred material and sealing the wood with a specialized paint.

Most mitigation projects dealing with burnt materials require a combination of both smoke removal and structural restoration. If you ever have a chimney fire at your home, call SERVPRO of Naples / Marco Island at (239) 302-5700 any time of the day.

Click here for more about Miles City.

Other News

View Recent Posts