If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (239) 302-5700

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Mold Damage Control in Naples Properties

8/18/2017 (Permalink)

SERVPRO is here for you when mold damage strikes your Naples house.

How Can A Naples Homeowner Control Mold Damage?

If the weather has been significantly humid for a few days, molds may start developing inside the house. Surfaces such as benches and walls are especially susceptible to mold during heavy rainfalls. Humidity can also increase when moisture inside the house evaporates into the air. The problem can become worse when the structure has poor ventilation. One of the contributing factors of indoor humidity issues is drying clothes indoors. The HVAC system in the house can also lead to humidity problems when heating or cooling air within the structure.

If mold damage has overtaken your Naples home, you can count on SERVPRO to deal with the situation. We have efficient tools and products to eliminate mold, and our technicians have many years of experience to ensure a smooth restoration process. Following IICRC guidelines, we can return your home to preloss conditions quickly and professionally, “Like it never even happened.”

Mold thrives in humid conditions and prefers when the relative humidity is above 70%. Therefore, removing water vapor from the air is an important part of the mold damage control. We do this using dehumidifiers, which pull in moist, humid air and then replace it with dry, warm air. The dry air absorbs moisture from wet items like a sponge. SERVPRO uses two types of dehumidifiers: desiccant dehumidifiers (which rely on chemicals known as desiccants to quickly absorb moisture from the air) and refrigerant dehumidifiers (which use the same working principle as air conditioners).

Once the mold is annihilated, deodorization is necessary to neutralize the pungent smell left behind by the fungus. Ultra Low Volume Foggers can atomize liquid deodorizing agents and produce a fine mist that penetrates areas with odor-causing residues. We also use the device to inject fungicides and disinfectants into hard-to-reach areas such as wall cavities.

Thermal foggers are also useful in mold damage deodorization. They discharge solvent-based products in large, dense fogs ideal for confined spaces. The fog is made up of small particles that bond with and neutralize odor-causing agents.

Locally Owned Company with National Resources

Mold damage is a serious consequence of water damage that may be hazardous to your health. As a part of your community, SERVPRO of Naples / Marco Island can help you take back control of your house within no time. For any assistance, call us today at (239) 302-5700.

For more information regarding the city of Naples, click here.

Other News

View Recent Posts